
Since we're all on the dicourse-interruption groove, I thought I'd give a notice that this month's critical mass bike ride is this friday.
Critical mass takes place all over the world (this picture is from one in Vancouver this summer), and it's meant to take back space in traffic for bicycles. I'm sure some of you bike semi-regularly and have almost died more than once, due to drivers who just don't pay attention to you, or just think that you shouldn't be there in the first place and think it's ok to try to run you off the road. Bikes are traffic too, damnit!
It is also a way to promote a more sustainable way of transportation, not to mention it's a lot of fun. We start at city hall the last friday of every month at 5:30pm- the middle of rush hour- and take up a lane all the way down Jasper and then cross the high level taking up both lanes. Then we head down Whyte on and end at Gazebo Park.
If anyone is interested, come out! Or you can check out the website at www.edmontoncriticalmass.com
Happy studying,
Denise

No comments:
Post a Comment